Check Your Connections.
Ensure the ethernet cable is securely connected to the WAN port on the back of your router and to the wall jack. Ensure the power cord is also secure to your router and electrical outlet. Make sure the electrical outlet is not powered by a light switch.
Reboot Your Router.
Take the router power cord and unplug it from the electrical outlet. Hold for 10-15 seconds and plug it back in. Wait for the router to fully powercycle and reboot. Is the router indicating the power is on?
Customer Owned Router?
Check to see if your router needs any firmware or software updates. Typically, you are able to check for updates in the manufacturer's designated management application on your phone. Please reach out to your router’s manufacturer if you are not enrolled in Data Stream’s Router Support Plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How do I know what Internet speeds I need?
Answer: All of Data Stream’s speed plans are symmetrical upload/download speeds with unlimited usage. If you have used Cable or DSL Internet previously, keep in mind that fiber Internet provides a much faster upload speed and you will be safe with a lower speed plan. See below for a guide to see what speed plan is right for you:
- 50/50 Mbps: Good for 2-4 people and 5-7 devices.
- 100/100 Mbps: Good for 4-6 people and up to 10 devices. Most families would be amply covered with a 100/100 Mbps connection.
- 200/200 Mbps- 500/500 Mbps: Good for large families with several devices connected at the same time. Also a sufficient speed plan for frequent online gaming.
- 1 Gbps- If you rely on incredibly fast Internet speeds for online gaming, your job, or simply want the best of the best, this plan is right for you.
Question: What type of router do I need for Data Stream Internet?
Answer: Data Stream requires a Wi-Fi dedicated router (standalone Wireless router) with NO modem or modem combo for our internet service. We provide routers that include a Router Support Plan and a lifetime warranty.
Question: How do I change my speed plan?
Answer: Contact Data Stream to make any adjustments on your account. You can also submit an Interest From and a dedicated representative will reach out to you for assistance.
Question: How do I get started with Data Stream Internet?
Question: What equipment do I need in my home?
Answer: If you reside at a Data Stream supported property, you are all set! Data Stream is pre-wired to each unit. All you need to do is decide on a router option that will provide Wi-Fi throughout your entire unit.
Router Support Plans
Data Stream’s Router Support Plans are designed to provide a fully managed service and peace of mind.
Data Stream’s Router Support Plans include:
- Wireless Router Purchase
- Includes Installation and Activation
- Data Stream manages Firmware and Software Updates
- Router Warranty for the duration of your subscription
- Lifetime Truck Roll, Transfer, & Upgrade/Downgrade fees
- 24/7/365 Support